When listing your property in Your.Rentals you can choose between Instant Booking or Request Booking when you list. You can change this setting at any time in the future.
NOTE: Many holiday rentals websites only support Instant Booking properties, and not Request Booking. If you select Request Booking you will not be able to publish your listing on certain sites including Airbnb and Booking.com.
Read more about Instant booking only channels here.
- When a Guest books your listing on a sales channel, payment is immediately accepted and captured.
- The booking is confirmed immediately.
- You'll receive a notification by SMS and email.
- Your Calendar must be up to date to ensure you don't accept double bookings. If you list on other sites or use other calendar systems, you can use Calendar Sync to keep your bookings synchronised across these different calendars.
- In the event that you need to cancel a confirmed booking, you'll incur a cancellation fee.
- When a Guest books your listing on a sales channel, payment is authorised but not captured.
- You'll receive a notification of the Booking request by SMS and email.
- You have 24 hours to Accept or Decline the booking.
- If you Accept the booking - we capture the payment from the Guest's card and notify the Guest that the booking is confirmed.
- If you Decline the booking - we cancel the payment authorisation on the Guest's card and notify the Guest that the booking has been declined.
- If you don't Accept or Decline the booking after 24 hours, we automatically decline the booking and you'll receive a black mark on your account. Property Managers who regularly let Booking requests timeout will be suspended.
- It's more work for you to run Request Booking rather than Instant Booking.
- Some Sales channels will advertise the fact that your listing is bookable on Request, leading to a lower booking conversion rate.
- If you run a business, you'll need to have one mobile phone accepting alerts and respond to them within 24 hours.
- It's simple to set up Calendar sync so you can enable Instant Booking with confidence.