Last updated: May 18, 2018
Your.Rentals operates a holiday rentals management system for managers of holiday rental properties and guests (“Platform”).
Your.Rentals is owned and operated by Your.Rentals A/S (“Your.Rentals”), a Danish corporation with CVR number 38123947, its headquarters located at Vesterbrogade 149, 5. 1620 Copenhagen V, Denmark.
“Affiliates” means companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
“Aggregated Information” means information about all of our users or specific groups or categories of users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user.
“Data Controller” means Your.Rentals, the company responsible for the use and processing of Personal Information.
“Third Parties” means companies or persons not related by common ownership or control (i.e. non-affiliates) or other unrelated individuals. Third Parties can be financial and non-financial companies, or persons other than you and Your.Rentals.
“Personal Information” means information (which may include sensitive information) relating to a living individual who is or can be identified either from that information or from that information in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of the Data Controller.
What types of information do we gather about our users?
Information that you give us
We receive, store and process information, including Personal Information, that you make available to us when accessing or using our Platform and Services. Examples include when you:
- fill in any form on the Platform, such as when you register or update the details of your user account, or when you supply ID and other verification information;
- access or use the Platform, such as to list Accommodations, make or accept bookings, pay for Accommodations, book or pay for any associated services that may be available (such as but not limited to cleaning), post comments or reviews, or communicate with other users;
- link your account on a Third-Party site (e.g. Facebook or Google) to your Your.Rentals Account, in which case we will obtain the Personal Information that you have provided to the Third-Party site, to the extent allowed by your settings with the Third-Party site and authorized by you;
- communicate with Your.Rentals (e.g. by email, telephone or using our online messenger); and
- share information with another User.
Our processing of such data is necessary for the performance of the service we provide to you as defined in the Property Manager Terms and conditions (for Property Managers) and Rentals Terms for guests (for Guests).
Information we get from your use of our Platform
We also receive, store and process information, possibly including Personal Information, when you access or use our Platform and Services, including but not limited to:
Device and Mobile Data
When you use certain features of the Platform from a desktop computer or mobile device, we may receive, store and process different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g. IP address, postal code) and more specific information (e.g. GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Platform or specific features of the platform). If you access the Platform through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
We may also receive, store and process Log Data, which is information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you access or use the Platform, regardless of whether you are registered with Your.Rentals or logged in to your Your.Rentals Account, such as your IP Address, the date and time you access or use the Platform, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, device event information, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages.
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application. We track your activities if you click on advertisements for Your.Rentals services on Third-Party platforms such as search engines and social networks, and may use analytics to track what you do in response to those advertisements.
Third-Party social plugins
Our Platform may use social plugins which are provided and operated by Third-Parties, such as Facebook or Google.
As a result of this, you may send to the Third-Party the information that you are viewing on a certain part of our Platform. If you are not logged into your account with the Third-Party, then the Third Party may not know your identity. If you are logged into your account with the Third Party, then the Third Party may be able to link information about your visit to our Platform to your account with them. Similarly, your interactions with the social plugin may be recorded by the Third Party.
How we use and process the information that you provide or make available
We use, store and process information about you for the following general purposes:
- to enable you to access and use the Platform;
- to enable communication between Guests and Property Managers, including but not limited to sending messages or other information during the Booking process;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Platform, Your.Rentals’ business, and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, personalize or otherwise customize your experience, and to provide customer service;
- to help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the Platform and Service, such as detection and prevention of actual and potential fraud and other harmful activity, conducting investigations and risk assessments, enforcing our Terms and policies, verifying the address of your listings, verifying any identifications provided by you, and conducting checks against databases and information sources for fraud detection and prevention, risk assessment and harm prevention purposes. In this regard, we may do any or all of the foregoing with or without further notifying you;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information relevant to providing you with our service;
- to make automated decisions about your eligibility to access certain Platform features or provide you with personalised support and recommendations;
- to send you marketing, advertising, and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about Your.Rentals, our services, or general promotions for partner campaigns and services;
- to administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Your.Rentals or our Third Party business partners; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with Third Parties.
When we disclose or share your personal information, and to whom
We may transfer, store, use and process your information, including any Personal Information, to countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) including the United States. Please note that laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and so the privacy laws applicable to the places where your information is transferred to or stored, used or processed in, may be different from the privacy laws applicable to the place where you are resident. Where we use third parties to process your data, we have a strict vendor selection and management process to ensure that they comply with EU GDPR requirements.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed as follows.
Property Managers only:
- Parts of your user profile that contain some Personal Information may be displayed in other parts of the Platform and Sales Channels to other users or if you post content in our Help Centre community forum or other features on the Platform that are visible to the general public.
- Your Listing when published in Sales Channels will include some information such as the location of your Accommodation, your listing description and photos, your Listing rates and your calendar availability, your public profile photo, your responsiveness in replying to Guests’ queries, and any additional information required to accurately promote your Listing.
- By publishing your Listing to Sales Channels, your Personal Information and Listing content may be included in third party search engines, who index the pages and content from the Sales Channels you select.
- When a Guest has stayed at your Accommodation, we may ask them to review you as a Property Manager and/or your Accommodation. If you choose to reply to a Guest’s review, your reply may be public on the Platform and published in Sales Channels.
- We may distribute parts of the Platform (including your Listing) for display on sites operated by Your.Rentals’ business partners and affiliates, using technologies such as HTML widgets. If and when your Listings are displayed on a partner’s site, information from your public profile page may also be displayed.
- Your billing and payout information will never be shared with another person or entity, except with our financial services partner Worldpay Limited to facilitate the payment of your payouts.
- When you submit a request to book an Accommodation, your full name, and other Personal Information you enter into the Booking page on each Sales Channel, such as your telephone number and email address, is securely transmitted to us and will become visible to the Property Manager of any Listing you Book or request to Book. We will not share your phone number and email address with the Property Manager unless there is a confirmed booking.
- When your request to book an Accommodation is accepted by the Property Manager, we will disclose some of your Personal Information to the Property Manager and any other confirmed Guest. However, your billing and payment information will never be shared with another user.
- When you stay at a Property Manager’s Accommodation, we may ask you to review the Property Manager and/or the Accommodation. If you choose to provide a review, your review may be public on the Platform and published in Sales Channels.
- Where Your.Rentals is the merchant for your booking, your credit card or other payment information is securely processed by our payment partner Stripe Payments Europe, Ltd under our PCI DSS compliant processes.
Both Property Managers and Guests:
- You may link your account on a Third-Party social networking site to your Your.Rentals Account. We refer to a person’s contacts on these Third-Party sites as “Friends”. When you create this linkage: some of the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be published on your Your.Rentals Account profile;your activities on the Platform may be displayed to your Friends on that Third-Party site, for example if you share your Accommodation or your booking details on that Third-Party site;the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be stored, processed and transmitted for fraud prevention and risk assessment purposes; andthe publication and display of information that you provide to Your.Rentals through this linkage is subject to your settings and authorizations on the Platform and the Third-Party site.
- We may also engage Third Parties, who may be located outside of the EEA, to provide services to us, including but not limited to technology services and services to help verify your identification, to help match the photo on your ID to other photos of yourself you send to us, to conduct checks against databases such as but not limited to public government databases (where legally allowed), to otherwise assist us with fraud prevention and risk assessment, to assist us with customer service, to serve targeted ads, and to facilitate the payments or reimbursements you request. We may provide Personal Information about you to these Third Parties, or give them access to this Personal Information, for the limited purpose of allowing them to provide these services. We will ensure that such Third Parties have contractual obligations to protect this Personal Information and to not use it for unrelated purposes.
- We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify users about law enforcement requests for their data unless:providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law; orwe believe that providing notice would (a) be futile, (b) be ineffective, or (c) would create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or (d) create or increase a risk of fraud upon Your.Rentals’ property, its Members, the Platform, Application, or Services (collectively, “Risk Scenarios”).
- In instances where Your.Rentals complies with legal requests for user data without notice to the user for the reasons described above, Your.Rentals will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify that user about the request after the fact if we determine in good faith that we are no longer legally prohibited from doing so and that no Risk Scenarios apply.
- We may also publish, disclose and use Aggregated Information and non-personal information for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
How to access, change or delete your information, or cancel your account
You may review, update, correct or delete much of your Personal Information by logging in your Your.Rentals Account. If you would like to cancel your Your.Rentals Account entirely, you can do so by contacting us at email@example.com from your registered email address. Please note that any reviews, forum postings and similar materials posted by you may continue to be publicly available on the Platform, even after your Your.Rentals Account is cancelled.
How we keep your information safe
Your.Rentals technical platform is designed with data security as a defining feature. We use industry best practices for storing your personal data including using encryption of sensitive data. Where we use Third parties to store or process your data, we ensure that such Third parties are compliant with GDPR requirements. We never store your credit card data on our servers.
How long we keep your information for
Your Rentals may retain certain information associated with your use of the Website in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for record-keeping integrity. The periods for which Your Rentals retain your information depend on the purpose for which we collected it and how we use it.
Your Rentals will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements.
Securing your personal information
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and security measures to help protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access, destruction or alteration. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information, can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the security of your transmissions to us and of your Personal Information that we store.
Your privacy when you access third-party websites and resources
Data Protection Officer
Your.Rentals has appointed an internal data protection officer for you to contact if you have any questions or concerns about our personal data policies or practices. Contact the data protection officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business transfers by Your.Rentals
For users residing in the EU
Your rights to review and update information
If you reside in the EU, you may request in writing copies of your Personal Information held by us. We will provide you with a copy of the Personal Information held by us as soon as practicable and in any event not more than 40 days after receiving a valid request in writing. There may be a charge to access your personal data. We may also request proof of identification to verify your access request. All requests should be addressed to “Data Controller”, Your.Rentals A/S, Vesterbrogade 149, 5. 1620 Copenhagen V, Denmark.
We endeavor to keep your information accurate, complete and up to date. If your Personal Information that we hold is inaccurate, please let us know and we will make the necessary amendments, erase or block the relevant information and notify you within 40 days of your valid request that the relevant action has been taken.
You may also request the erasure of your Personal Information if you believe we are otherwise in breach of relevant data protection legislation. All requests should be addressed to “Data Controller”, Your.Rentals A/S, Vesterbrogade 149, 5. 1620 Copenhagen V, Denmark. There is no charge for making such a request.
Your right to see and challenge information provided to us by third parties
You are entitled to see and challenge any information that Third Parties may provide to us as part of our fraud detection, prevention and risk assessment efforts in circumstances where all of the following factors apply: (i) if we use Third Parties to carry out automated checks or risk assessments, and (ii) if we make a decision which has legal consequences for you or which significantly affects you, and (iii) if such decision is based solely on such automated checks or risk assessments. In order to request this, please address your request directly to “Data Controller”, Your.Rentals A/S, Vesterbrogade 149, 5. 1620 Copenhagen V, Denmark. Please state clearly in your request that you wish to see and/or challenge the information that Third Parties may have provided to Your.Rentals as part of our fraud detection, prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may request proof of identification to verify your request.
Your.Rentals uses “cookies” in conjunction with the Platform to obtain information. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your device (e.g. your phone or your computer) for record-keeping purposes. For example, a cookie could allow the Platform to recognize your browser, while another could store your preferences and other information.
Your browser may allow you to set how it handles cookies, such as declining all cookies or prompting you to decide whether to accept each cookie. But please note that some parts of the Platform may not work as intended or may not work at all without having cookies enabled.
Your.Rentals cookies and Third Party cookies
We may also allow our business partners to place cookies on your device. For example, we use Google Analytics for web analytics, and so Google may also set cookies on your device. As further explained below, Third Parties may also place cookies on your device for advertising purposes.
There are two types of cookies used on the Platform, namely “persistent cookies” and “session cookies”.
Session cookies will normally expire when you close your browser, while persistent cookies will remain on your device after you close your browser, and can be used again the next time you access the Platform.
The Platform may also use other technologies with similar functionality to cookies, such as web beacons and tracking URLs to obtain Log Data about users. We may also use web beacons and tracking URLs in our email messages to you to determine whether you have opened a certain message or accessed a certain link.
Uses for our cookies
- to enable, facilitate and streamline the functioning of the Platform across different webpages, devices and browser sessions.
- to simplify your access to and use of the Platform and make it more seamless.
- to monitor and analyze the performance, operation and effectiveness of the Platform, so that we can improve and optimize it.
- to show you content (which may include advertisements) that is more relevant to you.
- to assist us in fraud detection and prevention.
Uses for Third-Party cookies
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of the Platform.