Basic rates define the rates and conditions for booking your listing when no Special rates (such as Seasonal Rates or Discounts) are present. In general, you should set your lowest (or off-season) rates and conditions in the Basic rates section.
We work on nightly rates and do not support weekly rates due to the requirements from Sales channels. You are able to create discounts for weekly, fortnightly, 3 weekly and 4 weekly bookings in the Special rates section.
- Basic night: This rate applies to any night that is not influenced by another Rate rule.
- Weekend night: Set a higher (or lower) rate for Weekend nights (Friday and Saturday nights).
- Maximum guests: The maximum number of guests that may stay for your published rates *
- Allow additional guests for a fee? If you have extra bedding to offer extra guests a space to sleep, you can add a nightly fee per guest. This nightly rate does not change according to other rate rules on the Basic rates or Special rates pages.
- Minimum stay: The minimum number of nights for a booking during usual periods. You are able to create Seasonal changes to this setting on the Special rates page.
- Maximum stay: The maximum number of nights for a booking during usual periods. You are able to create Seasonal changes to this setting on the Special rates page.
- Check-in days: The days of the week that a Guest may select for check-in for a booking in your low season. You are able to create Seasonal changes to this setting on the Special rates page.
* Per person pricing: Some Property Managers would like to price per person rather than the entire property for the rates listed. We do not recommend this as some sales channels do not support it, however it is possible to achieve per person pricing using a Basic rate for the first Guest(s) and an additional fee per Guest.