Sometimes you may need to close your calendar for dates in the future, so that guests are not able to request or book your property after a certain date.
Reasons that you may need to close your calendar:
- You are a property manager and have a contract to rent a property only to a certain date
- You do not wish to accept bookings so far into the future
- You plan to sell your property after a certain date
- You have sold your property with closing date in the future
- You don't currently know what rates you wish to set in the future
If you wish to make your property unavailable for a specific period of time, you can do that by blocking dates in your calendar.
Read how to block dates here.
Closing your calendar for future dates
To close the calendar for a property after a future date, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Calendars page and select the listing you'd like to close.
- Underneath the Calendar, click the link: Set a close date.
- Choose the Close date for your calendar using the date picker. You can also select a date for the calendar to automatically reopen.
- Click the Save button.
- Your calendar is closed for bookings from the close date onwards. To reopen the calendar click the Edit link next to your close date and select Remove close date.
Reminders to re-open your calendar
Keeping your calendar closed means that your property will be de-listed from many sales channels. We will remind you by email before your calendar closes in case you plan to re-open it.